Look 07 was a large-scale season of events, effectively a festival, set up by Redeye and taking place in spring 2007. It explored the broadening use of photography and the role of the professional within the new landscape.
- The Democratic Image symposium (see report below)
- A blog of the same name hosted by Open Democracy
- 24 exhibitions in 18 venues and outdoors
- 20 talks, seminars and workshops
- A special edition newspaper by Julian Germain
- Digital and online activity including a Flickr group, and a self-generated lattice of image chains called Bitmapping.
Most events took place in the period from 12th to 28th April 2007 in Manchester, UK, though there were activities before and after then. You can download the brochure PDF below for more details of projects and exhibitions; an updated event flyer listing the full range of events; and the Democratic Image symposium report.
Look 07 moved to Liverpool after its first edition and restarted in 2011. More info can be found on the site www.lookphotofestival.com.