Data Privacy Notice
Redeye is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not collect personal information about you other than information that you voluntarily provide (for example, when you provide contact information). Any personal information you provide while visiting this site is confidential, and only used for the purposes described below. We guarantee never to sell personal information or share that information with third parties unrelated to Redeye or any associated companies that may be located outside the European Union.
Your Personal Data: what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by that information alone, or in conjunction with any other information either currently in the data controller’s possession, or which is likely to come into their possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who is the data controller?
Redeye is the data controller. This means that Redeye (through the Board elected by the members) decides how your personal data is processed and for what purpose. Redeye is a Community Benefit Society.
How do we process your personal data?
Redeye complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining unnecessary data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To keep an up-to-date membership list
- To enable our staff to communicate with the Redeye members and subscribers as effectively as possible
- To inform you of new events run by Redeye or in partnership with Redeye, and to inform you of relevant news and information from the industry
- To maintain our own accounts and records
What data do we collect, and why?
- Name, postal address, email address, and telephone number, to keep in touch with you
- University attended, and graduation date, to determine eligibility for student discounts
- Information regarding potential voluntary work for Redeye, to help us allocate suitable tasks to our volunteers
- Job title and company, photographic specialisms, to help us develop an events programme with broad appeal
- Equality information (age, gender, education level, nationality, ethnicity, disability status), to help us set and monitor our inclusivity goals, and for our funding applications
- Event attendance and participation in Redeye activities, to help us carry out our administrative activities
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contract – we need to process your personal data in order to carry out the core services of Redeye. This applies to data held about members, website users, and event attendees
- Consent – with your explicit consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed about news, events, and Redeye's services. This applies to newsletter subscribers
- Compliance with a legal obligation which the controller is bound to comply with – we must maintain financial records as dictated by Companies House
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data is treated as strictly confidential, and will only be shared with volunteers in order for them to carry out a specific service (for example, marking attendance at events).
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the full GDPR policy of Redeye. This is available on request.
Your rights and personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Redeye holds about you
- The right to request that Redeye corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased when it is no longer necessary for Redeye to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of consent-based data at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint to the Information Comissioner’s Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then Redeye will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use, prior to commencing the processing, and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we shall seek your prior consent to the new processing.