The position of the photographer as insider or outsider runs throughout discussion on representation and influences much photographic practice. CUPH is looking for submissions of photography taken on B&W negative that respond to the theme of the outsider to be exhibited in Brooklyn.
They are concurrently running an event/exhibition on the same theme in Coventry that we will be accepting digital and colour submissions for. See @lahadevents on Facebook for more.
What you need to do:
• Respond to the theme of The Outsider on black and white film.
• Select up to three low-resolution jpegs (longest length should be no more than 1000px) of your work with 100 words as to why the work meets the themes.
• Please save your jpeg file as SURNAME_FIRST NAME.jpg eg: SINGH_RAHUL.jpg and then email to email@example.com by 1 March 2019.
• They will inform you if you have been successfully selected to be part of the show by 3 March and then you will need you to send us your film negatives as well as a stamped addressed envelope (SAE) by 8 March.
• They will print your work and display it in our CUPH exhibition at Bushwick Community.