Uncertain States bring together artists, collectors, curators and archivists in a day of discussion around the role and artistic importance of the collector and collections within the context of fine art photography. Collections - in any form, private or public play a unique and crucial part in the documentation of contemporary visual culture. In open discussion, speakers and audience will consider the artistic influence of these collections. Who is collecting, where are the collections being held and what and why work is preserved.
The day aims to encourage the audience that collecting can be a creative experience open to all and an entry level for anyone with the aspiration to start their own art collection.
- Zelda Cheatle: Curator, Editor, Lecturer, Consultant
- Simon Tyszko: A Fine Art Practice, Stefan Tyszko Collection
- Pete James: Curator, Archivist
- Camilla Brown: Art historian, Curator, Writer and Lecturer
- Richard Sawdon Smith: Artist and Collector
- Paul Herrmann, Director of Redeye
NB if you are travelling to this event from London there is also a coach trip that includes a talk by Tom Hunter - there's info about that here.