A Redeye membership offers opportunities designed to help you advance your photography and your career. It's aimed at anyone who is serious about photography, whether or not you are a full time or part time photographer, artist, collector, lecturer, tutor, gallery owner or curator. Membership runs for one year and is renewable and paid online annually through PayPal.
- A showcase for your work, with your own page on Redeye's website
- Savings – substantial discounts on most Redeye activities, and on a range of other activities and services
- Access to commissions and other work opportunities distributed exclusively to members
- Information – member-only content including essential support for career development
- Involvement – members get priority access to all Redeye services, and can take part in the AGM and focus groups to have a say in how the network is run.
The cost is £50 per year, £48 if you pay by GoCardless Direct Debit, or just £30 for students and those joining up to a year after graduating. That's £4 per month (or £2.50 for students). Prices include VAT. Please note by signing up for direct debit you agree to becoming a member for a minimum of twelve months. You can stop your direct debit and your membership at any time after twelve months.
Scroll down for the full list of discounts and members services and how to access them.
£50 per year
(or £4 per month)
£30 for students
(or £2.50 per month)
|Monthly email newsletter with latest news|
|Submit events, exhibitions, opportunities and news to include on the site|
|Discounts on all Redeye activities (up to £320 last year)|
|Up to 25% off equipment rental, studio hire and other services|
|Member-only commissions, bursaries and work opportunities|
|Showcase your work with free online profile page|
|Priority notice of all our events|
|Member newsletter with offers, invitations and opportunities|
If you are already a Redeye member and would like to renew or extend your membership, please log in and click the button below. Your membership will be extended by a year from the date it expires.
Why not buy a Redeye membership for a friend or relative? Whether it is for a budding photographer or someone who’s been working in the field for 20 years everyone will get something out of our networking opportunities, events and access to commissions. There's no risk - if they are already a member, the membership you buy will simply renew the existing membership when it expires. Please click below for a gift subscription. We’ll even send you a ticket to come along to one of our events.
If you are interested in purchasing gift membership please fill in the contact form.
Redeye Member Discounts
How to claim discounts: In most cases, you will need to give your name and membership number to the respective company. For online discounts, links and codes, please go to the member only page: https://www.redeye.org.uk/member-information
- The photographic supplier Calumet in Manchester offers Redeye members 20% discount on all rental equipment (including cameras, lenses and lighting). Please note this applies to the Manchester branch only. www.calumetphoto.co.uk
- Creativity Backgrounds
- In addition to their 4 for 3 offer, Redeye members get an additional 10% discount on the full range of over 50 colours from Creativity Backgrounds. Half-widths, full studio widths, extra wide and the NEW CAR FRIENDLY high quality seamless paper backdrops. In addition Creativity also do muslin, vinyl, chroma green and blue, velour, fabrics, stands, kits, FXHome software, clamps and tape. Used by professional photographers for over 30 years, guaranteed hotspot free and from their own sustainable source these high-quality backgrounds are also on offer for 4 for 3 and only £5 delivery. Click here to find the discount code (Members only). www.creativitybackgrounds.co.uk 01384 485 550
- Ilford, Kentmere and Harman Photo
- Redeye members can receive a discount of Ilford, Kentmere and Harman Photo products, when ordered direct from the manufacturer via www.harmanexpress.com. The discounts are 10% off Ilford film, darkroom papers and chemistry and Kentmere film and paper, and 25% off Harman and Harman by Hahnemuhle Inkjet Papers. Orders over £30 are delivered free. See the members' information page for details of how to claim the discount. See below for Ilford Lab discounts.
STUDIOS FOR HIRE
- AppLearn Studios at The Sharp Project
- AppLearn Studios are the UK’s first suite of purpose-built photographic studios designed to support the creation of many types of content. The 450 and 525 sq feet, fully sound proof, air conditioned studios provide a perfect environment in which to create your content. Facilities include triple track cyc rail, 24hr security, wifi, restaurant, onsite car parking, LED lighting, additional lighting for hire and 3 phase power. Redeye members receive a 15% discount on their first booking; half day bookings also available. For details how to claim see the members' information page.
- Daylight Studios
- Daylight Studios, Manchester, a professional studio hire for photography, TV & events is pleased to offer Redeye members a 20% discount. A stunning Victorian school house featuring large 2000 sq ft studio with tall south facing windows, infinity cove, make-up & models changing rooms, free car parking and wifi. To qualify, simply quote your Redeye membership number at the time of booking (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 223 2865). www.daylight-studios.co.uk
PRINTING AND DARKROOM
- Spectrum Photographic
- Spend a minimum of £75 + VAT on Studio services at Spectrum Photographic and receive a 15% discount & free UK delivery. Please visit http://spectrumphoto.co.uk/ and quote your membership number with any order.
- Nightlight Darkroom
- Get 10% discount on new colour darkroom facilities in Manchester. Find out more here.
- Bob Books
- Bob Books is pleased to offer Redeye members a £10 discount on their hardback books. For details how to order, terms and conditions please see member information. www.bobbooks.co.uk
- Eyecandy Art Group
- Eyecandy Art Group - accredited Fine Art Printers, provide printing and framing and are pleased to offer Redeye members between 10% - 30% discount on their products. For further details and how to claim see member information. www.eyecandyartgroup.com
- Fine Art Printing for Photographers
- Fine Art Printing for Photographers is pleased to offer Redeye members 10% discount online. For details how to claim see member information. www.fineartprintingforphotographers.com.
- Ilford Lab B&W processing
- Redeye members can receive a 15% discount off Ilford Lab B&W film processing and B&W silver gelatin prints from film or digital via www.ilfordlab.com. See the members' information page for details of how to claim the discount.
- MCL Photo
- Redeye members receive a 10% discount on orders of £50 at MCL Photo, proof of membership is needed. MCL is a small lab near the centre of Manchester, they process Colour Film (C41) 135/120/5x4/10x8 and Black & White Film (By hand using manufacturers specifications). They print upto 15"x10" using a Fuji Frontier and can print fine art prints upto 60" wide using Epson Ultrachrome inks. Contact: email@example.com
- Printing Bursary with Rob Sara
- Each year one Redeye member will be selected to receive two days of hand printing free of charge, to produce a series of images, for portfolio or exhibition, up to the value of £720. The bursary winner will have the opportunity to oversee the process, and be present as their work is created. One night accommodation in Cumbria will also be provided, sponsored by Redeye. The printer, Rob Sara of Studio One Darkroom, Cumbria, is one of the UK’s most accomplished, having printed for photographers such as Hannah Starkey, Trish Morrissey, David Moore, Ewen Spencer, Nick Meek, Stephen Gill and Simon Roberts. The bursary is aimed to encourage the production of images that have not been realised before, with the emphasis on new personal work. Please note this is only for work shot on colour negative. You may choose between 6 prints at 30x40”, 8 prints at 20x24” or 10 prints at 12x16”. Full details of the annual bursary are launched at the beginning of each year. www.robsara.co.uk
- Studio One Darkroom (Rob Sara)
- Studio One Darkroom is offering all Redeye members 15% discount on listed prices for all hand print work. Valid until the end of December 2012. They use UPS couriers, and can arrange collection and delivery nationwide. Personal visits also welcome. Please note they do not offer film processing or digital services. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.robsara.co.uk
- Framing Manchester
- Framing Manchester is offering Redeye members 10% discount on all frames; please produce proof of membership. All enquiries are welcome, large or small, for both domestic and commercial work. They have computerised mount cutting technology for precision cutting and for those customers that need mounts in volume. www.framingmanchester.co.uk
- Robert Allan Framing
- Providing photographers with hand finished framing for over 25 years, using only museum and conservation materials. For more details about mount boards, box framing and glazing please visit the website. Robert Allan is delighted to offer Redeye members a discount of 10 – 20% on frames. Please provide a membership number to qualify for discount. www.robertallanframing.co.uk
- InFocus Photography Insurance
- Altrincham based photography insurers InFocus are offering Redeye members either a £20 discount or 20% off your equipment insurance - whichever saves you the most. To qualify for this discount please supply your Redeye membership number. For further details visit www.infocusinsurance.co.uk or call 0844 8118056.
- Towergate Camerasure
- Towergate Camerasure will provide Redeye members up to 40% off their professional policy (subject to underwriting criteria and claims experience). For further details regarding their offer go to member information. www.towergatecamerasure.co.uk
- Contemporary Art Society North West
- As a special offer to members of Redeye, Contemporary Art Society NW are delighted to offer a 10% discount on their annual membership (£50 or £25 for students). For more details please contact Mark Doyle (Head of Collector Development, North West) on 07891 880 498 or email@example.com. Membership number required. www.contemporaryartsociety.org
Please note: From time to time, suppliers will change these discounts and offers. If you are joining to claim a particular discount, please check directly with the supplier beforehand.